Information That Identifies You
We rely on the information you provide to us as you register, contact us, participate in surveys, polls, and interact with our web sites, respond to our email campaigns, and participate in webinars or any events. We may also collect data from external sources including your professional interests. We will collect information about how you interact with our offerings, your subscriptions, the events you attend, the content you download or read, and the like.
We may work to expand our communities by acquiring names and contact details from other sources that have compiled contact information. This information might be public information or data you provided with necessary permissions. We may also invite you to join our communities via third party social and professional networking sites.
How We Use Information That Identifies You
We use information about you:
- To provide the services, publications, and information you request.
- To contact you with information about and invitations for products and services – ours and other companies – directed to your professional interests and responsibilities.
- To offer you opportunities to connect directly with your peers and with sellers of technology that may be of interest to you.
- For any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information. On Registering for one of our Virtual, Hybrid and Physical events, with a number of exhibitors, we may give your name and contact details to all exhibitors and give the exhibitor whose booths and resources you access a record of your visits and interaction with content from that exhibitor.
- Attend one of our face-to-face events. Exhibitors may be given an attendance list for the event. It is up to you, however, to decide whether to leave your business card or allow your badge to be read by the exhibitor. Badges cannot be read remotely. A sponsor of a special, sponsored conference session will also be given information about you if you choose to attend that company’s session. Your future interaction with online content from an exhibitor or sponsor to whom you provided your contact data may also be tracked and disclosed to that exhibitor or sponsor.
- Our Virtual, Hybrid and Physical venues also require that you be registered with any of above mentioned online sites and allow you to have both public and closed communications with exhibitors and other participants.
- The online communities may provide privacy controls which allow you to choose how much of your profile and other information to make public or to share with others within the community. As a professional, you remain responsible for locating the privacy controls (usually available on the page from which you can edit your profile), understanding how those controls, including default settings, work and protecting the information you provide.
- You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails
- We allow third parties to place cookies that identify you on our behalf, for the following purposes: To control access to gated online events including webinars and Virtual, Hybrid and Physical events, to make an automated record of your interests within a Virtual, Hybrid and Physical events.
You may use the tools in your browser to decline, disable, or delete any cookies.
You must accept the session cookie used to manage access to registration-only online events for the duration of your participation in the event.
Disclosure of Information About You
We reserve the right to disclose information about you to third parties in certain circumstances: to vendors that work on our behalf, to law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process, to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or our merger of business assets.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information against theft, loss, or misuse. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information about you and your professional interests, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you give to us. You remain responsible for protecting your username and passwords and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
Please note that Virtual and Hybrid events may mimic face-to-face events by automatically displaying information about you to other participants in the event. We cannot control how other participants use that displayed information, so please take a moment to make sure you understand how a particular Virtual, Hybrid and Physical event works and what choices you have within the environment.
Our products, services, events and offerings are directed to professionals only.